Floorspan Contracts is a specialist designer, manufacturer and installer of pre-cast concrete flooring components, rated amongst the largest in the UK.
Due to ongoing expansion we require an experienced CAD Designer | Technician to join our passionate, dynamic team in Wisbech.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company who are able to offer plenty of challenges for the more experienced candidate with significant opportunity for career advancement in a growing, progressive company. Candidates with experience of working in a Construction design / Engineering / Architectural practice will have a distinct advantage.
Your role will be to:
- Prepare designs and layouts for pre cast concrete floor solutions using Architect’s and Engineer’s drawings.
- Use both bespoke and industry standard design software (AutoCAD) to produce pre cast concrete flooring designs / layouts.
- Engage with construction professionals, contractors and customers during the design process regarding technical and practical issues relevant to the project.
- Manage the project file and ensure that all current drawings, correspondence and other associated contract related documents are filed and maintained.
- Prepare detailed drawings, documents and schedules for manufacture.
- Reflect the company’s current commercial and pricing strategy.
- Collaborate with the customer to meet deadlines and requirements in a commercially responsible manner.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- AutoCAD experience – Essential
- Knowledge of construction detailing.
- A strong commercial awareness.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- A polite, patient and friendly manner.
- A positive attitude.
- Well organised
- Determined and Committed
- The salary will be very competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- 28 days holiday per year
- Inclusion into the companies NEST pension scheme.
- Annual bonus
If this sounds like you and you possess the necessary skills, motivation and appetite for a challenge apply today.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £28,000.00-£30,000.00 per year
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Estimating: 2 years (Required)